Tuesday, November 17, 2015

2015 SKETCHBOOK INFO!

howdy all! just thought i'd park all this information in one handy spot. my latest sketchbooks are in and ready to order/ship! all of these books are 80pp, b/w softcover, $15.

All domestic (US) orders: include $2.80 shipping for the first book, $.80 per additional book.
plus $.75 per book for  paypal purchases.
International orders: write me for shipping etc charges,

PLEASE INCLUDE THE WORD "SKETCHBOOKS" IN ANY EMAILS/PAYPAL NOTES TO ME, AS I GET TONS OF JUNK MAIL.


SB11 the bigger book of the dare detectives 

SB12 heroes and fantasy 

SB14/15 dare detectives/wonder woman

SB16 animation toy and game design 

SB18 daily doodles 1 

SB19 daily doodles 2 

SB20 daily doodles 3 

SB21 daily doodles 4

SB22 comic cover and page art

SB23 daily doodles 5

there is also my first full-color sketchbook, the dare detectives' "misfits' manual"! hardcover, with 60pp of full-color art and notes on the world's most defective detectives, and the people who try to kill them!


misfits' manual, $25 + shipping


3 comments:

Nick P said...

I've been following you for a bit and I felt like going through all your posts again, less reading, more looking at the purty pictures and I just love your stuff.

I have the giant Wednesday Comics hardcover from DC, that's where I first spotted you. At first I picked it up for Stelfreeze, Risso, and Sook's ode to Frazetta/Hal Foster. But your insanely dense WW comic spurred the imagination. I have Dare Detectives and I'm picking up Prez currently. Your work on Prez is solid but I prefer your own stuff, like the WW manga pitch from years ago. I would have bought that ASAP, perhaps similar to a "hot cake."

I see the world of animation in your style, Hanna Barbera, Disney, manga, and probably some French dudes like Pierre Alary and Denis Bodart (who I love).

It's nice to see comics done in different styles not just one approach. When I was young I collected comics to see how Arthur Adams would do things differently than George Perez than Mike Mignola. I like the reinterpretations. I like the reinventions. The big 2 seem less into that.

This is just my taste, but I'm drawn to tight semi-cartoony like you, Jason Pearson, Arthur Adams, Chris Bachalo, Ed McGuinness, most manga, etc.

And I also really love the Toth end of things like Eduardo Risso, Tommy Lee Edwards, John Paul Leon, and even the lighter touch of Chris Samnee.

I am much less interested in the moderate middle artists. And frankly a Tothite who gets too realistic bores me too, although technically may be awesome.

Anyway I also wanted to say kudos on the inking style experimentations back around the Storm post a little ways back. Folks seemed to respond less, but I appreciated the look and the experimentation. It made me think about my struggles with art-self-esteem and avoidance of difficulty. I've changed and am now running towards my art-fears and so seeing you experiment is affirming to me even though your base skill is a mountain above mine. It helps in my weird little head (although I think my melon may actually be physically larger than average).

That's about it. That may be more than my 2 cents, maybe 4 1/2.

Anonymous said...

Great article. Your blogs are unique and simple that is understood by anyone.


bu bhopal 3rd year result 2022 subject wise

Fast Digital Technology said...

This one's quite intriguing. Thank you for keeping us informed. Excellent stuff! cyber security companies in Saudi Arabia